If you’re looking for the Best GoPro Microphone, read further to know more about it.
We live in an era where we are surrounded by technological gadgets only. So, there is nothing wrong in saying that we live in a Technological Era.
In all of these technologies which we are surrounded by, the one technology that is being seen as a good accessory to have and roam around with is the GoPro device. Now, we all know that Gopros are the best nowadays when it comes to capturing images or even recording audio/video sessions.
But if you are someone who is on a bit more serious business-like if you are recording vocals in a studio or is someone who is recording interviews or storytelling through your GoPro, then you will surely be needing an external device, says an external microphone to have a better quality of recorded audio which will be satisfying your needs.
Now, there are not just one, but many microphones are available in the market for your GoPro. This article will be covering only the best microphones that are available in the market for your GoPro.
Are you the kind of person, who gets frustrated with the quality of his or her GoPro microphones, or are you the one who just want to get rid of your current GoPro’s mic and want it to replace with the best quality mic, then, believe me, you are not the only person to feel so.
GoPros are one of the brilliant devices for the purpose of filming, but there are times when the quality of audio can be lacking. Thankfully, there comes a brilliant solution which is out there that is by simply getting one of the best GoPro mics from the market that will be perfectly fit externally for your device.
Although, trying to find the perfect one, can prove to be a difficult task as there are a lot of GoPro mics available in the market. With this very article, you will be able to find the process a lot easier. Which is certainly the best Gopro mic for you and the best way you can select the right one for you.
There are many points that you have to keep in mind while going to buy the right GoPro mic for you like you have to look for the frequency response, polar pattern, and audio sensitivity, as all of these factors play a big role in selecting the right mic for your GoPro. Above all this, you have to keep or think about the type of connector, weight, dimensions, and warranty.
Now, we will be taking a look at some of the best microphones that are available there in the market for your GoPro,
- Best GoPro Microphone :
- 1. Rode VideoMic Pro
- 2. Purple Panda Lavalier Lapel Microphone Kit
- 3. Movo VXR10 Universal Video Microphone
- 4. Removu RM-M1+A1 Wireless Microphone and Receiver
- 5. Rode Compact On-Camera Microphone
- 6. EDUTIGE ETM – 001 Microphone
- 7. KIWIfotos Compact Microphone
- 8. Comica CVM-VM10II Camera Microphone
- 9. Saramonic SR – GMX1
- 10. BOYA BY – MM1 Video Microphone
- Things Needed To Be Considered While Buying The Best Gopro Microphone
- Reasons To Buy An External Gopro Microphone
- Conclusion :
Best GoPro Microphone :
If you are someone who is looking for a mini microphone that looks like a shotgun, then the Rode VideoMic Pro+ is the best mic for you that is available. This mic has a super-cardioid polar pattern that certainly captures each and everything that is there right in front of the mic.
This mic surely does that with a sensitivity level that is higher than most of the other mics that are available out there in the market.
The Rode VideoMic Pro + also has a connector type which is of 3.5mm jack and USB, this particular thing certainly makes the Rode VideoMic Pro + an excellent GoPro Hero 7 mic also with some of the other types.
There are also many fantastic features that can be seen here on this very microphone, for example as the 3-stage gain control and the automatic power function.
- Talking about the quality, this mic is certainly the one which will impress you for sure and the quality is being shown by a 10-year warranty which you will be getting after the registration.
- It certainly has a clean sound.
- It is an excellent choice for use on the go because of its great and long battery life.
- The Rode VideoMic Pro + is not really a plug and play type of device.
- You are required to adjust the settings of your device in order to get the most out of it.
If you are someone out there in the market and is looking for a lapel kind of model, then the Purple Panda Lavalier Lapel Microphone will prove to be one of the best microphones that are available for the GoPro that you can get.
The Purple Panda Lavalier Lapel Microphone is an omnidirectional mic that helps in capturing all the sounds and offers you a sensitivity of mid-range at the time while it is giving you a frequency of some wide-range response.
It surely works excellent as a GoPro Hero 8 mic and also as a GoPro Hero 5 microphone with the right adapter.
This mic is surely a great choice for those that either require a discreet mic or want both of their hands to be in free condition. One more thing about this mic is that this mic comes with a warranty of one year, and also its quality is great too.
- This mic is perfect for the purpose of vlogging.
- This mic is kind of a plug-and-play kind.
- All of the best features of this microphone surely comes at a good cost, which makes this mic a budget-friendly one.
- If you are someone who is searching for the absolute premium quality of sound then this mic may not be the one for you.
- This is surely a good choice for most of the applications but not for the people who want professional results.
The Movo VXR10 Universal Video Microphone is certainly one of the best GoPro microphones that are available today out there in the market. There is surely a mixture of qualities in this mic, with one of the most important ones being an excellent quality of sound.
The Movo VXR10 Universal Video Microphone simply features a sensitivity that is of medium level and a frequency that has a wide response range. Besides having a great sound, its overall build quality simply impresses us too with its aluminum body which is very durable.
- The quality of this microphone is excellent.
- This mic is simply great when it comes to picking up clear and fine sound in front of the device.
- It looks great.
- The accessories of this mic are handy.
- The quality of the shock mount of the Movo VXR10 Universal Video Microphone did not quite live up to everything else that is there.
If you are someone who is searching and looking for a GoPro Bluetooth microphone, then the Removu RM-M1+A1 Wireless Microphone and Receiver is the one that will surely catch your eye.
The connectivity of the GoPro wireless microphone is certainly great and it also comes with a battery which is an internal one and will provide you with a runtime of up to 6 hours.
The Removu RM-M1+A1 Wireless Microphone and Receiver surely is one of the best microphones that are available out there in the market for your GoPro Hero 3 and it surely comes with a lot of great accessories, including a wind guard, waterproof housing, and a connector for the GoPro mounts.
The Removu RM-M1+A1 Wireless Microphone and Receiver is one of the heaviest mics that are available out there in the market.
- The Removu RM-M1+A1 Wireless Microphone and Receiver has a professional-quality sound.
- The long wireless range provides a good amount of versatility.
- The Removu RM-M1+A1 Wireless Microphone and Receiver is a good mic to take outside due to its long battery life.
- It also has an exceptional performance in the windy weather.
- The Removu RM-M1+A1 Wireless Microphone and Receiver is only compatible with Hero 3 and with Hero 4.
- The Removu RM-M1+A1 Wireless Microphone and Receiver also has a lack of connectivity options.
Rode has certainly made a lot of great microphones, and the Rode Compact On-Camera Microphone is another great option that the Rode provides its users with. The Rode Compact On-Camera Microphone is a kind of cardioid model that has a sensitivity of fairly high level.
Just like many of the external mics that are available out there in the market, the Rode Compact On-Camera Microphone connects via the 3.5mm jack and weighs 1.48oz.
The Rode Compact On-Camera Microphone comes with two of the most necessary accessories and they are important for using your mic with a GoPro, and also these accessories are the windshield and the shock mount.
The Rode Compact On-Camera Microphone is surely a device of high quality which has impressive quality, and it also has a warranty period of one year.
- The Rode Compact On-Camera Microphone surely has a great sound quality.
- The Rode Compact On-Camera Microphone also captures a minimum amount of unwanted and undesired sounds from the environment.
- This mic captures the sound perfectly each time.
- The Rode Compact On-Camera Microphone frequency’s lower-end response is 100Hz.
- This is going to struggle with the applications which have a really low sound.
The EDUTIGE ETM – 001 Microphone is the one microphone that is a simple but also a highly effective solution. The EDUTIGE ETM – 001 Microphone is an excellent GoPro Hero 3 mic but it can also work with most GoPros only when you are having the right adapter.
One more thing about the EDUTIGE ETM – 001 Microphone is that it is omnidirectional, because of which this mic receives sound from all around. The EDUTIGE ETM – 001 Microphone is certainly the most sensitive mic that you will find out at -23 dB.
The EDUTIGE ETM – 001 Microphone surely has a frequency of wide range response, and this makes this mic a perfect device for the purpose of recording in quieter rooms.
Above all of this, the EDUTIGE ETM – 001 Microphone is straightforward and light to use. Having a compact nature makes the EDUTIGE ETM – 001 Microphone highly versatile.
- Being a small device, the EDUTIGE ETM – 001 Microphone surely serves you with an excellent quality of sound.
- One can easily unplug this microphone from the GoPro and can use the mic with some other applications
- The signal of the EDUTIGE ETM – 001 Microphone is a little too hot for some of the devices.
The KIWIfotos Compact GoPro external microphone will surely prove to be the one mic that will be having all of the accessories that you will be needing or requiring.
The KIWIfotos Compact Microphone surely comes with a durable storage case, a shock mount, and the needed cables. Above all of this, the KIWIfotos Compact Microphone comes with both furry and foam windscreens.
The KIWIfotos Compact Microphone works fine as a GoPro helmet microphone having a really low weight of 1.1oz. The KIWIfotos Compact Microphone is a cardioid mic that has a frequency of wide range response also with being in the sensitivity of mid-range. The KIWIfotos Compact Microphone does not require any kind of external power.
- The KIWIfotos Compact Microphone gives you the power to record any kind of specific sound you want.
- The KIWIfotos Compact Microphone surely offers a very great versatility.
- It has a good sound quality.
- You will be getting a sturdy construction.
- The KIWIfotos Compact Microphone’s shock mount is made from plastic.
- The durability of this mic can be an issue.
The Comica CVM-VM10II Camera Microphone is another excellent external microphone for the GoPro. GoPro mics are required to be able to work fine when using it in outdoor activities, and the Comica CVM-VM10II Camera Microphone does it very well.
This very thing is being helped by its aluminum body which is really tough in nature, but one thing to be aware of is that the Comica CVM-VM10II Camera Microphone does not have the best warranty out there.
If you are someone who is looking for a unidirectional polar pattern, then the Comica CVM-VM10II Camera Microphone is one of the best GoPro microphones that are available out there in the market for you.
The Comica CVM-VM10II Camera Microphone has a frequency of fairly good response and is also fairly sensitive. The Comica CVM-VM10II Camera Microphone weighs 1.2oz.
- The sound quality of Comica CVM-VM10II Camera Microphone is excellent.
- The accessories of the Comica CVM-VM10II Camera Microphone are great.
- This mic has an immense portability.
- It has an effective shock absorption.
- When recording from a distance, this mic does not work properly.
- Works very well only when kept in a close-to-medium range.
The Saramonic SR – GMX1 mic is another great example of gopro mic that you can simply just clip onto your shirt. Although the Saramonic SR – GMX1 is small in terms of size this microphone surely has an adequate level of quality.
A wide range of sounds is being picked up by the omnidirectional polar pattern, and that is being aided by the frequency of an excellent response. The Saramonic SR – GMX1 connects via USB, so you are required to double-check in order to see if you will be needing any adapters.
The length of the cable is more than enough for a person, and also the range of accessories that is being provided is excellent. Finally, the Saramonic SR – GMX1 is an excellent option for all those who are looking for a great mic for their GoPro.
- The Saramonic SR – GMX1 microphone gives you clean audio every time you use it.
- The clip securely can be attached to the collar of a shirt or anywhere you want it.
- The Saramonic SR – GMX1 is a user-friendly microphone.
- It is not complicated to use.
- The two different windscreen options of either foam or furry do not attach as securely as one would like it to, so there is a chance of losing them.
Now, the BOYA BY – MM1 Video Microphone is another unidirectional microphone that basically works very well and is one of the best microphones that is available out there in the market.
Talking about the frequency response of this microphone, the frequency is surely having a wide range of responses, this means that you will be facing no issues while capturing the full sound range.
The BOYA BY – MM1 Video Microphone also offers you a sensitivity of mid-range. The BOYA BY – MM1 Video Microphone weighs around 3.03oz, but you surely will not be facing any problem in carrying this microphone around.
This is also because of its build quality, and also because it includes the shock mount and the durable aluminum case. The BOYA BY – MM1 Video Microphone comes with all the needed cables and a shock mount.
- The BOYA BY – MM1 Video Microphone has an impressive compatibility.
- This mic can be used with various devices.
- Can work well even in noisy environments.
- The signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) on the BOYA BY – MM1 Video Microphone device does not work at its best.
- In quiet surroundings, you might get background hiss, which can be a little annoying.
Things Needed To Be Considered While Buying The Best Gopro Microphone
At the time when you or anyone is looking for a GoPro mic, it is very essential to get the one mic that simply matches all the requirements that you need.
Now, you have to look after a lot of different factors and you need to keep those factors into account. Once you are done reading this article, you surely will have all the proper information that you will be required to get the one mic that you have been wanting.
Reasons To Buy An External Gopro Microphone
Now, let us all agree on one thing that GoPro has changed its approach to recording videos. Just as there is with the built-in mics and with phones, there is surely only a certain amount of the quality that you will be getting or to say can get from a mic, that is self-contained within the rest of the device.
Well, on the other hand, all these mics are not terrible, but they certainly give you nowhere near the professional quality. Now, an external GoPro mic is surely going to be the one mic that will improve the audio quality of your device dramatically.
Now, not everybody is required to do that, but there exist many various activities were using an external mic would be a great idea.
All of the features that we will be looking into in this article like the audio sensitivity, frequency response, and signal-to-noise ratio, are simply all much better on an external microphone.
How You Can Get The Best Gopro Microphone
The following are some of the key features that you need to keep in mind while looking for a GoPro microphone,
Polar pattern :-
The polar pattern is the one feature that tells you how your microphone will pick up sound.
Bidirectional – This thing just picks up the sounds in front and also from the behind of the mic, and is in a figure that looks like the digit 8. It is best for the purpose of having an interview between two people.
Cardioid – This is something that looks like a heart shape just in front of the mic so that the sound from the rear would not be picked up.
Omnidirectional – This is the kind of thing that picks up the sound in a perfect circle around.
Supercardioid/shotgun – These are the kind who has quite a narrow focus in front of the mic. They are good to use when you are working in a noisy environment.
Audio sensitivity :-
Now, the audio sensitivity is being measured in terms of decibels which is relative to one volt (dBV) and is also a rating of a mic’s output signal strength. This is the thing that will be measured in a minus figure.
Thus, -60 dB would not be seen as sensitive while -20 dB would be seen as a highly sensitive microphone. The Rode VideoMic Pro+ is a fairly sensitive mic while, as such, most models, including the Movo VXR10 Universal Video Microphone are in the middle range with a -42 dB rating.
Frequency response :-
Talking about the frequency response, it is nothing but tells us how the mic picks up sound at various frequencies.
If you are someone who wants to record bass instruments or wants to have a lower frequency range for some of the other reasons, then the KIWIfotos Compact Microphone would prove to be a great option as this mic can go down as to 35 Hz.
The highest frequency that humans can hear is 20 kHz, and there are most microphones out there in the market that can get to very nearly that level, like the Movo VXR10 Universal Video Microphone, which goes up to 18 kHz.
Signal to noise ratio :-
The signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) is basically a measurement that is required to describe how much of the unwanted or undesired sound comes through the sound or video recording.
You will be able to notice a lot of the static noise coming from the background while using cheap microphones, which surely can ruin your recording.
A warranty is basically something that is essential in order to protect the investment that you have done and to make sure if something goes wrong. Not just only this, but a good warranty can also give you a sense of confidence that a company has all the faith in the product’s durability.
The best warranty out of all the mics that have been mentioned in this article is of the Rode VideoMic Pro+ as this microphone offers you a warranty of 10 years once you’ve registered.
After getting done reading the whole article, we are very sure that you would have gotten impressed by almost all of the microphones that are present in this list. Out of all the mentioned microphones, the one we loved the most would be surely the Movo VXR10 Universal Video Microphone.
This one model offers you some kind of exceptional sound quality and also offers you features which surely fit according to the price. This one mic works very well and surely gives you all kinds of accessories that you will be requiring.
If you are someone who wants something a little more discreet and affordable, then the EDUTIGE ETM-001 Microphone would prove to be one of the perfect solutions for you.
But, if you are someone who is looking for the best sound quality then the Rode VideoMic Pro+ would prove to be truly an exceptional piece of technology.
Although all these three mics are impressive, we could have highlighted many of the microphones we’ve reviewed easily. They are all very much different from each other and hence it is very essential to know exactly what you require.
What is left in the end is for you to choose and select the best GoPro microphone for you and can finally enjoy the sound quality of your vlogs, videos, and recordings.
For more of our microphone reviews, check out the articles mentioned below: