The 30th. In March, CD Projekt published a major report outlining how the company’s entire approach and setup in terms of development will change in the coming years. First, the change involves CD Projekt RED Studios, and they call their strategy RED 2.0.
They will develop the company along three main lines:
- Restructuring of the development team (RED 2.0) ;
- Expansion and development of The Witcher and Cyberpunk 2077 franchises (including non-gaming);
- Online Services, GOG Galaxy Community.
Development, Engineering, Marketing Team
Starting in 2022, the company plans to work on two major AAA projects at once, rather than betting everything on one blockbuster that will have to power CDPR for the next few years. To this end, management will take steps to organize development teams.
- They will strive to improve the work environment by caring for employees and creating a pleasant environment in which they can work as efficiently as possible.
- The role of the technical director will be revised and his functions expanded – this position has been taken over by Pavel Zavodny.
- The REDengine has been centralized to better accommodate the big games in the Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher franchises. Individual function blocks, such as B. NPC behavior or character control, can be easily adapted to different games.
- The two main development teams will communicate more closely, and it will be easier for everyone to orient themselves in the overall project status and understand their place and responsibilities.
- The teams will be led by several experts who will supervise both games. They will be able to support both projects at the same time and ensure more interaction and cooperation between the members of the different groups.
- Game promotions will be much shorter and start much closer to release.
- Advertising campaigns will focus on neat content, not concepts and development plans. In addition, gameplay will be shown on all platforms on which the game will be released.
- They will not announce their plans several years in a row, but only one year in a row.
- The development teams in general continue to expand, including the acquisition of third-party studios (on the same day, the company announced the acquisition of Vancouver-based Digital Scapes).
Development of game franchises, online projects
- As before, a mix of genres is planned for each of the main RPGs to appeal to a new audience (The Witcher 3 – action elements, Cyberpunk 2077 – shooting elements).
- CDPR’s future AAA games won’t just be single player games. Each will include online elements, while the focus remains on the story and single player experience.
- To work on the multiplayer elements, the company will create its own dedicated infrastructure and technology to integrate into the titles on the REDengine. In addition, an active community of users will gradually form based on the GOG Galaxy service.
- Each franchise will be multimedia – the brands will support mobile games, film and television adaptations, including animation, as well as books, comics and merchandise such as toys and memorabilia.
- The Cyberpunk 2077 brand will develop in cycles, much like The Witcher. From the main AAA game players will remember, we move on to spin-offs and new main games.
- CDPR’s next game won’t be a multiplayer mastercard with Cyberpunk 2077. Apparently they decided to completely rework the idea and focus on bringing the entire franchise online, rather than one big multiplayer game.
CD Projekt RED’s plans for 2021
- Patches and updates for the base game
- Free DLC
- Next patch for PS5 and Xbox Series X | S (second half).
- AR mobile game The Witcher: Monster Killer
- Next patch for The Witcher 3 (second half of the year)
- Support and development of Gwent
is cd projekt red indie,is cyberpunk a aaa game,cyberpunk multiplayer standalone,cyberpunk 2077,cd projekt red 2021 game,is cd projekt red a triple a company,Privacy settings,How Search works,The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt,Cyberpunk 2077,The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings,The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood an…,The Witcher,Thronebre… The Witcher Tales,See more,Video game,is cyberpunk a triple a game,cd projekt red unannounced game