Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair Everything to fix problems with proprietary technologies.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the repair process replaces the damaged files with new files and Windows components.
Network Starter Bits
Messenger Starter Network
5. Close the command line and restart the computer. Then try to install the updates.
4. Try therepair update
- Download the Microsoft media creation utility.
- Start MediaCreationTool.exe.
- Select Update this PC now.
- In the process, select Back up personal files and applications.
- Allow installation and restart the unit (do not turn it off completely).
- Then try to install the updates.
This process, as you can imagine, will reinstall Windows without affecting your personal files and programs. Basically, only damaged files are replaced, if at all.
- Go to the Start menu, type regedit and press Enter to start the registry editor.
- The following key has been found: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionWindows UpdateAuto Update
- Check EnableFeaturedSoftware Data and make sure it is set to 1.
Note that depending on your version of Windows 10, the path to EnableFeaturedSoftware may differ slightly.
Don’t you have access to the registry editor? Don’t worry about it. Read this guide and solve the problem quickly.
- Go to the Start menu, type Run, and double-click the first result to start Run.
- Now type services.msc to start Windows Services.
- Find the network list service, right-click on it and select Restart. You can also select Stop and then Restart.
- Try recharging the computer to see if the error persists.
Windows 10 has a built-in diagnostic utility that can quickly resolve common technical issues with various Windows components, including the update service.
So, if the 0070422 error remains after trying all the above solutions, try running Microsoft’s update troubleshooter.
Go to Start > Updates and Security > Troubleshooting > click Windows Update > run the troubleshooter.
As you can see, error 0070422 can cause many problems by preventing you from updating Windows, but fortunately for you, it can be easily fixed.
We should also say that a similar error, with the same error code, can be caused by the firewall, so if you encounter it, read this article to fix the firewall setting error.
Anyway, if you have any other suggestions on how to fix this bug, feel free to indicate the appropriate steps in the comments below.
Is there another problem?
Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool excellent review from TrustPilot.com (can be downloaded from this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Restore All to fix patented technology problems (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
how to fix windows 10 update errorcode: 0x80070422 windows 10error 0x80070422 windows 7error 1058 windows 10sql error 0x80070422error code 0x80070422 windows 7,People also search for,how to fix windows 10 update error,code: 0x80070422 windows 10,error 0x80070422 windows 7,how to fix microsoft store error code 0x80070422,error 1058 windows 10,sql error 0x80070422,error code 0x80070422 windows 7,error code 0x80070422 windows defender