- 3. Laptop Driver Update
- 4. Removing the Synaptics pointing device driver
- 5. Remove shortcut drivers on your laptop
- 6. Activating the VAIO event service
- 7. Disable filter keys
- 8. PC reset
- frequently asked questions
Many devices may require you to install the latest drivers when you upgrade to Windows 10. To do this, go to the laptop manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers.
We should mention that they are not always called feature drivers on the website, so you will have to download all the drivers.
If no drivers are available for Windows 10, you can download the latest drivers or perhaps the drivers for Windows 8 or Windows 7.
Automatic driver loading
Manually loading drivers can be a long and tedious process that can damage your PC if the wrong versions are loaded. Therefore, you should use software that automatically downloads and installs the necessary drivers.
Drivers are essential for your PC and all the programs you use every day. If you want to avoid crashes, hangs, errors, delays or other problems, you need to keep it up-to-date.
The constant search for driver updates takes time. Fortunately, you can use an automated solution that securely checks for new updates and easily applies them. Therefore, we strongly recommend DriverFix.
Follow these simple steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Start the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will then show you all the drivers that have problems and you only need to select the one that you want to fix.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the latest drivers.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer be a problem if you download and start using this powerful software today.
Denial: This program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
Sometimes your default driver may conflict with Windows 10. It is therefore recommended to remove the Synaptics Pointing Device driver.
To do this, go to the Uninstall a program section of the Control Panel and remove the Synaptics Pointing Device driver.
- Open your Device Manager and locate the Toshiba Shortcut Driver. If you do not have a Toshiba laptop, find the shortcut driver for your device.
- Right click and select Delete.
- Then locate and remove the HID-compatible keyboard driver and the HID-compatible mouse driver.
- Restart the computer and see if the problem is resolved.
- Press Windows + R and type services.msc.
- In the list of services, you should find the VAIO Event Service. If you do not have a VAIO device, the service name may be different.
- Double-click on the service and check the Commissioning type section. Make sure it’s set to automatic.
- Also check the Service Status box and make sure the service is running. If not, start.
- Click OK and Apply to save your changes.
- Go to the Control Panel and open the Easy Access Center.
- Scroll down the list and select the option Make the keyboard more user-friendly.
- Scroll down and find the Filter Keys option. Make sure the Enable filter buttons option is not enabled.
- After you uncheck this option, click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Filter keys are a Windows feature used to block repeated keystrokes. While it is indeed unlikely that this feature will block the function keys on the keyboard, it is possible.
Sometimes it’s not just the function keys that don’t work, but the entire keyboard. If you are in such a situation, we have prepared a detailed guide to help you solve your keyboard problems.
- In Windows Search, type Reset and open Reset this PC in the list of results.
- Click on the Start button.
- Choose whether to back up or delete your files and start the recovery process.
- Once your system is updated, you can easily find the Microsoft Store.
Unfortunately, if none of the above solutions helped you solve the problem, there is only one thing to do, and that is to reset your PC to factory settings.
Most keyboards and touch tablets come with third-party OEM control apps, and Windows updates tend to destroy them.
This recovery option is much better than a clean reinstall because you can keep your data. Learn how to reset your PC to factory settings in a few easy steps:
If you are having trouble resetting your Windows 10 PC, check out this great guide that will help you solve your reset issues.
After implementing these solutions, or at least one of them, your function key issue on your Windows 10 laptop should be resolved. If you have any comments or questions, please go to the comment box below.
Is there another problem?
Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool excellent review from TrustPilot.com (can be downloaded from this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Restore All to fix patented technology problems (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
frequently asked questions
What should I do if the function keys on my laptop don’t work?
Articles, answer keys…
What happens if the function keys do not work?
Website Overview Function…
Why don’t the function keys on the keyboard work?
Feedback,f1-f12 keys not working windows 10function keys not working windows 10 hpfunction keys not working windows 7fn f3 not working windows 10f11 not working for full screenfunction keys not working windows 10 lenovo,People also search for,function keys not working windows 10 hpfn key not working windows 10 asusfnf not working windows 10f2 key is not working in windows 7ctrl function keys not working windows 10function keys not working windows 10 lenovo,function keys not working on dell laptopfn key not working macfunction keys not working on hp laptopfunction keys not working lenovof lock keyfn key not working asus,function keys not working on dell laptopfunction keys not working macfunction keys not working on hp laptopf lock keyfunction keys not working lenovofn key not working asus,function keys not working on dell laptopfunction keys not working on hp laptopfn key not working macf lock keyfunction keys not working lenovofn key not working asus,f9 key not working macf9 key not working windows 10hp laptop f10 key not workingf lock key in keyboardfn f7 not working asushow to activate f5 key in keyboard,what is the soft key on a keyboardhp laptop brightness buttonwhy are my volume buttons not workingbrightness keys not working windows 10hp laptop volume keys not working windows 10volume and brightness keys not working lenovo,f1-f12 keys not working windows 10,function keys not working windows 10 desktop,function keys not working windows 10 dell laptop,volume and brightness keys not working windows 10,function keys not working windows 10 hp,how to use function keys without pressing fn windows 10,fn key not working windows 7,samsung laptop function keys not working windows 10