Windows Update is a service that automatically installs the latest updates and drivers for your device. When something goes wrong during the installation process then it can lead to a lot of problems. This is often the case with the error 9C59 that Windows Update throws up when installing the updates. This error is different to the other errors you may have come up against when installing system updates manually.
There are many reasons why you may receive the Windows Update error 9C59. It may be due to problems with the windows update service, with the files that make up the windows update service, or with the registry key that is used to start the windows update service.
Windows update is one of the most important utility for any windows user. We all need to keep our computers updated with the latest software releases so that it keeps in check with the latest security features to protect your computer from any type of viruses and malwares. But if you are facing any type of problem while updating or installing any software from windows update then you are going to face windows update error 9C59.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance. Some Windows users have recently encountered error code 9C59 when trying to install a certain update or update Internet Explorer. If you are a Windows user, you already know very well how important Windows updates are. They fix system errors, remove bugs, speed up many system processes and are generally a good way to optimize your PC. In most cases, Windows updates are installed automatically and without errors. If you have recently encountered this error code as well, you have come to the right place. In today’s article, you will learn how to fix the Internet Explorer update error.
- What causes Windows Update error 9C59?
- To resolve Windows Update error 9C59.
- May 2021 update:
- frequently asked questions
What causes Windows Update error 9C59?
After a thorough investigation of this problem, it was determined that several causes could have caused this error code. Here is a list of possible causes for this error code: TCP or IP blocking: another possible scenario, exclusive to Windows 10, in which corrupted temporary data prevents existing Microsoft-signed software from being updated. In this case, the old version of IE (usually Internet Explorer 9) must be uninstalled before a .bat file is created that can remove the remaining files from the previous installation. Update Restriction: Many Windows 7 users have been unable to install Internet Explorer 11 due to a limitation that appears to be indirectly caused by Windows Update. In this case, you can solve the problem by using a standalone installer to install the problematic browser on Windows 7. Corrupt system file : In some cases, this error may be the direct result of a corrupted base system file that affects the operating system’s ability to install new updates. In that case, update each Windows component with an operation such as Clean Install or Repair Install. The Windows Update component is damaged: One of the most common causes of this particular problem is a corrupted Windows Update subcomponent. Several affected users with a similar scenario were able to resolve the issue by performing successive scans of SFC and DISM to restore the corrupted instances. A conflict with a third party caused by Kaspersky : Of all the third-party AVs reported to have problems with IE 11, Kasperksy is the most common culprit. If you experience this problem when using Kaspersky as your default security suite, you can fix it by uninstalling Kaspersky and removing all remnants of previous attempts to install IE 11 before reinstalling the browser cleanly. Now that you know all the possible culprits that could be responsible for the 9c59 error code, here is a list of methods that other affected users have successfully used to resolve the issue.
To resolve Windows Update error 9C59.
May 2021 update:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. Moreover, this utility repairs common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. With this program you can quickly solve PC problems and prevent further problems:
- Step 1: Download the PC recovery and optimization tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step Two: Click Start Scan to detect problems in the Windows registry that may be causing problems with your PC.
- Step Three: Click Repair All to fix all issues.
Install any additional Windows updates and update any required drivers
- Install all critical and optional updates, except Internet Explorer 11
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type the following command to open Windows Update and press Enter. wuapp.exe
- Click on Check for updates.
- Select the Important updates link.
- First uncheck the Name box and select it again to select all important updates.
- Then uncheck the checkbox for Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 updates.
- Click on Optional on the left.
- Uncheck and re-select the Name check box to select all optional updates, and then click OK.
- Finally, select Install Updates.
- After installing Windows updates, follow the same steps until you have installed all available updates except Internet Explorer 11.
- Updating Important Device Drivers
Download and install the latest drivers for the following devices from the manufacturer’s website:
- Display adapter
- Wireless adapter
- Ethernet adapter
- Install Internet Explorer 11
After completing the above steps, try reinstalling Internet Explorer.
Delete the SoftwareDistribution folder (the folder where Windows updates are stored)
The SoftwareDistribution folder is the folder where Windows stores downloaded updates. If this folder is damaged, you will have problems with Windows Update. Another way to get around the 9C59 error when updating Windows is to delete (or rename)* this folder and restart the computer. To remove the SoftwareDistribution folder : Tip: After restarting, the next time Windows Update checks for available updates, it will automatically create a new empty SoftwareDistribution folder to store the updates in.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run command window.
- On the command line, type Run: services.MSC and press Enter.
- Find the Windows Update service, right-click on it and select Stop.
- Navigate to the C folder: Windows directory.
- Delete the SoftwareDistributionOLD folder (or rename it to SoftwareDistributionOLD, for example).
- Restart the computer and then try to install Internet Explorer.
Fixing a Windows corruption error with the System Upgrade Preparation Tool (DISM)
- Download the System Update Readiness Tool according to your Windows version and save it to your desktop.
- Double-click the downloaded file (e.g. Windows6.1-KB947821-v34-x86.msu) to install it.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer and try installing Internet Explorer again.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
frequently asked questions
- Install the necessary updates for Internet Explorer.
- Install Internet Explorer using the stand-alone installer.
- Delete unnecessary files with Disk Cleanup.
- Uninstall all previous versions of Internet Explorer.
To solve this problem, uninstall Internet Explorer 9, restart your computer, and then install Internet Explorer 11. Click the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View Installed Updates in the left pane.
- Open the settings.
- Click on Applications.
- Touch applications and features.
- In the right-hand pane, under Related options, click Programs and Features.
- In the left pane, click the Enable or Disable Windows Features option.
- Uncheck the Internet Explorer 11 option.
- Close all programs, including Internet Explorer.
- Press the Windows logo-key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type inetcpl.
- The Internet Options dialog box appears.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, select Reset.
windows update 9c599c59 internet explorer 11 solvedie11 9c59 erroryou need windows 7 sp1 to install internet explorer 11 errorcode 9c57 windows update encountered an unknown errorinternet explorer 11 update for windows 7 64-bit,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,windows update 9c59,9c59 internet explorer 11 solved,ie11 9c59 error,code 9c57 windows update encountered an unknown error,internet explorer 11 update for windows 7 64-bit,how to update internet explorer 11 in windows 7 32 bit,internet explorer not updating in windows 7,you need windows 7 sp1 to install internet explorer 11 error