Minecraft doesn’t start on Windows 10 or Minecraft doesn’t respond when you try to open or play the game? Several users are reporting on Microsoft’s forums that they can’t play Minecraft if it doesn’t launch as expected. Outdated graphics card drivers, conflicting third-party antivirus programs, or your system not meeting the minimum system requirements for the game (Minecraft) you’re playing are the most common reasons Minecraft doesn’t run on Windows 10? Here, in this post, we will discuss some of the best working solutions to solve the problem of Minecraft game not loading or opening on Windows 10.
Minecraft does not work on Windows 10
Before applying a fix, disable or uninstall the third-party antivirus program to ensure that the conflict with the security software is not the cause of the problem.
- Start the Minecraft launcher. Now click on the Options button.
- Click here for the strength update. It will check for the latest updates and update the game.
- Once the game is updated, restart your computer, play the game and see what happens.
Installing the Windows Update
Disconnect from the VPN if it is configured, and most importantly, make sure your Windows 10 system has the latest updates installed. With regular Windows updates, Microsoft releases bug fixes for various problems. The latest update in May fixes a bug in the game version of Minecraft. You can manually refresh windows by following the steps below.
- Press Windows key + I to open the settings,
- Go to Updates and security, and then click Check for updates,
- Then you need to restart your computer to apply the updates.
MinecraftCheck system configuration
If you have an older system or do not meet the system requirements to play Minecraft, Minecraft may not work or load on Windows 10. Therefore, check the minimum system requirements for Minecraft before proceeding.
Message: You can check the system information with the dxdiag command.
|Operating system||Windows 7 and higher|
|CPU||Intel Core i3-3210 3.2GHz / AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1GHz or equivalent|
|GPU||Intel HD Graphics 4000 or AMD Radeon R5 | NVIDIA GeForce 400 series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series|
|HDD||180 MB to 1 GB free disk space|
But the recommended system requirements for playing Minecraft on your system. We recommend Windows 10 64-bit, an Intel Core i5 or AMD A10 7800 processor or equivalent, a dedicated NVIDIA or AMD graphics card, 8 GB of RAM and an SSD hard drive.
Definitive production process for mines
If Minecraft does not start after you click the game button, close the Minecraft process and restart the Minecraft game by following the instructions below.
- Press the key combination Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Task Manager.
- On the Processes tab, find Minecraft, right-click on it, and select End Task,
- Close Task Manager and try restarting Minecraft to see if it works properly or not.
Running Minecraft as an administrator
Again, permissions issues can prevent Minecraft from starting or responding. Let’s try running Minecraft as an administrator to see if that solves your problem.
- Find the Minecraft shortcut icon on your desktop screen.
- Right-click on the Minecraft shortcut and select Run as Administrator,
- Start Minecraft and check if it works properly.
Also, running Minecraft in compatibility mode will probably help solve the problem. Compatibility mode allows games to use the settings of an earlier version of Windows, which may help you solve the problem, Minecraft is not working.
- Right-click on the Minecraft game shortcut and select Properties,
- Click on the Compatibility tab, check the Run this program in compatibility mode box, and then choose an operating system from the drop-down menu.
Graphic driver update
Another common reason Minecraft doesn’t work on Windows 10 is an outdated or corrupt graphics card driver. Reinstall the graphics card driver with the latest version, this will probably solve the problem.
- Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager,
- This will display a list of all the device drivers installed on your computer, locate and expand the display adapters,
- Right-click on the installed graphics driver (e.g. NVIDIA) and select Uninstall Driver,
- When prompted for confirmation, click Remove again and restart your computer.
alt=Install NVIDIA graphics driver width=603 height=443 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Uninstall-NVIDIA-graphics-driver.jpg data-ez= />
Now go to the official website of the manufacturer of the device, e.g. NVIDIA, and download and install the latest graphics driver from there. Reboot the system and play the game to see if this method works for you or not.
alt=NVIDIA drivers download width=955 height=616 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/NVIDIA-driver-download.jpg data-ez= />
Sometimes Minecraft mode changes the behavior of the game and can cause an unknown issue where Minecraft crashes on the loading screen or doesn’t work. Remove all installed mods and make sure Minecraft is open and running smoothly.
If you have Discord installed on your computer, it may cause conflicts with the game. Temporarily remove the disk from the computer and check whether the problem is solved or not.
Also check https://minecraftirc.net/support-articles/known-incompatible-software/ and remove any incompatible software installed on your computer.
- If all of the above solutions don’t solve the problem, but Minecraft still won’t start or run on Windows 10, you may want to reinstall Minecraft.
- Open the Control Panel->Programs and Features. Search for Minecraft here. Right-click and click Delete.
- Now press Windows key + R, type %appdata% and well, find the Minecraft folder and delete it, then restart your computer.
- Finally, download and install the latest version of Minecraft from the official website.
Also read :
to report this message
frequently asked questions
How can I fix Minecraft if it doesn’t start?
Knowledge, the minister decided
Why doesn’t my launcher open?
If not, try the following: Go to Programs and uninstall Minecraft from there. … Finally, download Minecraft from minecraft.net and reinstall it. This guarantees a fresh installation of the Minecraft game. If this still doesn’t help, try updating your Java.
Why doesn’t my Minecraft load after the Mojang screen?
Many players have solved Minecraft’s loading problem by simply disabling this option. You’ll find it under Custom Settings > Overlay > Enable/Disable In-Game Overlay. As a precaution, make sure all your drivers are aware.
Feedback,minecraft stuck on loading screen pc,minecraft stuck on mojang screen,minecraft won’t load past mojang screen,minecraft will not load,minecraft bedrock not loading pc,minecraft not launching after pressing play,Privacy settings,How Search works,2:30Minecraft PS4 BEDROCK – How To Fix The Infinite Mojang Loading …CatmanjoeYouTube – Jul 7, 2020,2:30,Minecraft PS4 BEDROCK – How To Fix The Infinite Mojang Loading …,CatmanjoeYouTube – Jul 7, 2020,Catmanjoe,YouTube – Jul 7, 2020,2:33How To Fix Minecraft Stuck on Loading Screen PS4/XBOX!KoloniseYouTube – Aug 5, 2020,2:33,How To Fix Minecraft Stuck on Loading Screen PS4/XBOX!,KoloniseYouTube – Aug 5, 2020,Kolonise,YouTube – Aug 5, 2020,2:15UPDATED PS4 Minecraft stuck on Mojang screen FIX! with 2 …Super TygerYouTube – Jun 28, 2020,2:15,UPDATED PS4 Minecraft stuck on Mojang screen FIX! with 2 …,Super TygerYouTube – Jun 28, 2020,Super Tyger,YouTube – Jun 28, 2020,See more,how to fix minecraft not loading ps4 without deleting,how to fix launching the game failed minecraft