One of the biggest changes of Windows 10 was the removal of the Start Menu, and one of the biggest reasons for this change is that it made room for the new Windows Store, which is supposed to be the place to go for all your apps, games and other software. If you have an Internet connection, then you shouldn’t have to download any new software since everything you need should be available online.
Windows 10 is a great operating system, but there are few problems that come with most Operating Systems. One of the most common we hear about is the Ethernet cable dropping out. This can be incredibly frustrating when you’re trying to download something large, or you are online gaming. Here is how to fix the Ethernet Cable not staying connected in Windows 10. (Note: for this fix to work you will need to have the latest Windows Updates installed)
How do I restore an Ethernet connection that keeps dropping out?
1. Ethernet adapter driver update
You may need to fix an outdated or faulty Ethernet driver to solve your connectivity problem. You can update your drivers quickly and easily with the driver update program.
The Driver Update Utility scans your computer and displays a list of devices for which you need to update drivers.
necessary for your PC and all the programs you use every day. If you want to avoid crashes, hangs, errors, delays or other problems, you need to keep it up-to-date.
The constant search for driver updates takes time. Fortunately, you can use an automated solution that securely checks for new updates and easily applies them. Therefore, we strongly recommend DriverFix.
Follow these simple steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Start the application.
- Wait until DriverFix has detected all defective drivers.
- Now the program will show all drivers that have problems, and you just need to select the one you want to fix.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the latest drivers.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer be an issue when you download and start using this powerful software today.
Denial: This program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
2. Troubleshooting for open network adapter
- Click the Enter Here button to search next to the Start button on the taskbar.
- Type the keyword troubleshoot in the search text box.
- Then click Troubleshooting to open this tab under Settings.
- Then click on Advanced Troubleshooting Tools to open the list of troubleshooting tools in Settings.
- Under Settings, select Network Adapter, and then click Perform Troubleshooting.
- Then select the Ethernet option in the network card troubleshooter and click Next to view the suggested solutions.
After running the troubleshooter, check if the Ethernet connection on your Windows 10 computer is still broken.
3. Configuring power management settings for the Ethernet adapter
- First start the Run program, which you can do by pressing the Windows key and the R key simultaneously.
- Enter this command and click OK: devmgmt.msc
- Then double-click the Network Adapters category in Device Manager to expand it.
- Right-click on your Ethernet adapter in the list to select its properties.
- Next, you need to select the Power Management tab, as shown below.
- Disable the Allow computer to turn off this device check box to save power.
- Press OK key to save the new setting.
Sometimes the Windows 10 Ethernet connection crashes if the power settings are not correct, but after you adjust them, the problem should disappear.
4. Check if Ethernet is enabled
- Open the search program in Windows 10.
- Enter the keyword Network in the text field of the search function.
- Click View Network Connections.
- Right-click on the specified Ethernet connection in the list to open the context menu.
- Then select Enable if Ethernet is disabled.
5. Try another Ethernet cable
If Ethernet is permanently unplugged in Windows 10, check the status of the Ethernet cable. If not, replace the Ethernet cable with a new one.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to check for Windows problems.
Press Repair Everything to troubleshoot proprietary technology.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the recovery process replaces the damaged files with new Windows files and components.
Also, try connecting an Ethernet cable to different ports on the router to see if that helps.
6. Disable Windows Firewall
- Press the Windows and S keys on the keyboard to open the search program.
- Type firewall in the search box to find the Windows Defender firewall.
- In the search results, click the Windows Defender Firewall applet.
- Then, on the left side of the applet that opens, click Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- In the configuration settings, select the two options Disable Windows Defender Firewall.
- Press OK to confirm the new settings.
If you also have a third-party antivirus program installed, disable that program for at least a few hours.
Normally, a third-party antivirus program can be disabled by right-clicking its icon in the system tray and choosing an option to disable protection.
Message: Disabling the firewall is not a safe practice. If disabling the firewall solves the problem, re-enable the firewall and check which firewall setting is causing the problem.
7. Do not use a proxy server
- Open the Windows 10 search box.
- Type the keyword Internet Options in the search box.
- Click Internet Options to open the Internet Properties window.
- Select the Connections tab. Now click the LAN settings button.
- Then click the LAN Settings button to open the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window.
- Deselect the Use a proxy server option if selected.
- Click OK to close the Local Area Network window.
After making these changes, check if the Ethernet connection on your Windows 10 computer is still disconnected.
8. Resetting network settings
- Open the settings with Windows + I.
- Click Network and Internet to open the Status tab in the settings.
- Then click on the Reset Network option.
- To confirm, click Reset now and restart the computer.
9. Disable VPN software
It is also recommended to disable any VPN software installed on desktops or laptops. See our guide to disconnecting the VPN connection to learn how to permanently or temporarily disconnect your VPN connection.
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about ethernet randomly disconnects windows 10 reddit and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my Ethernet keep disconnecting Windows 10?
The latest versions of Windows 10 have a big problem with ethernet connections, which is that they just stop working. Fortunately, this issue is well-documented and has been the subject of many complaints on Microsoft’s official help forums. The issue seems to be primarily affecting machines that have experienced a failed Windows update, with the computer then being unable to reconnect to the internet. As of the time of writing, it doesn’t look like Microsoft has come up with a fix for this problem, so for now, the company recommends you downgrade to a previous version of Windows. But don’t worry, we’ve got solutions too. Most of us have experienced the frustration of an internet connection that just seems to get slower and slower, or a cable that keeps disconnecting all the time. But you don’t have to bear this problem any longer! In this short article we’ll take a look at some of the most common causes of internet disconnects and how to fix them.
Why does my PC keep losing Ethernet connection?
Ethernet is an old networking technology that once ruled the world of wired networking but has now fallen out of favor because of the emergence of faster and more reliable wireless solutions. If you are still using Ethernet to connect your computers, you may have recently noticed that your connection is becoming unstable. This is usually caused by something called “crosstalk.” If you look online, you will find a number of forums with users complaining about Ethernet disconnects on their PCs. The problem usually happens when the user is browsing the internet, downloading files or streaming content. Upon restarting the device, the Ethernet always reconnects successfully, but then the user has to go through the disconnect and reconnect process all over again. Sometimes the problem disappears by itself and comes back at a later time. The reasons for this are usually not easy to pinpoint, but it is always safe to check your Ethernet driver and to make sure that it is up to date. If you use a laptop, it is also important to check your power plan, since it might be set to switch to battery when you are connected to Ethernet.
How do I fix Ethernet connection on Windows 10?
On computers running Windows 10, the Ethernet connection can stop working after waking up the computer from sleep or hibernate mode, or after restarting the computer. This is a known problem in Windows 10, and there is a simple fix that will make the Ethernet connection work again. (2:20) When computers have been connected to the internet with a cable, the connection is always made via an Ethernet cable. The Ethernet cables are the most common method for connecting devices to the internet, since they are cheaper than the Wi-Fi and offer better performance. If you’re experiencing internet connection problems with your Ethernet cable, you should start by checking the connections between all your devices and your router.
ethernet randomly disconnects windows 10ethernet keeps disconnecting windows 10 redditwindows 10 loses wired internet connectionwhy does my ethernet keep disconnecting and reconnectingethernet keeps disconnecting windows 10 2020ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,ethernet keeps disconnecting windows 10 2020,ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10,ethernet randomly disconnects windows 10,ethernet randomly disconnects windows 10 reddit,ethernet connection keeps dropping windows 10,ethernet keeps disconnecting windows 10 reddit,windows 10 loses wired internet connection,why does my ethernet keep disconnecting and reconnecting